Forum rules - please read before posting.

light visibility for a lot of lights - best approach?

Hey folks,
This is more of a theory question. I have scene. There is around 20 - 30 cameras for various angles between dialogues and stuff. Now, as I know where my player and NPCs are during all the scenes, I would like to create help lights for each cameras ( rimlights, filllights etc ). From my expirience, this means around 2 - 3 lights per camera.

first, I tried to group lights for each camera under empty objects and make them "limit visibility to camera" with affect childern. That way it would be pretty well organized, but seems like limit visibility to camera doesnt work for lights.

What else would I do except turn on/of for each camera after every camera switch inside action list editor? (I am afraid that would create a lot of mess )

Perhaps soehow solve it with variables?

Any tips appreciated

Comments

• I'd suggest trying it with animation - create a "super parent" under which all lights exist, add an Animator, and then add a new animation for each combination of lights - either animating the enabled state of the lights, or their intensity.

You can then play a different animation, and hence the light setup, using an Object: Animate Action when you change camera.