Forum rules - please read before posting.

[Feature/bug] Translation gathering.

Hey,

it seems that there might be glitches in text gathering when id reuse is on. But with the amount of lines we got I can never tell whether it's my mind playing trick or there is actually stuff that gets unnecesserily removed etc. The end popup that shows how many lines were added and how many removed improves things significantly. But would it be possible to enable in debug mode an option that would create a very verbose debug file (.txt or .csv for example), that lists all the removed and added lines in a very detailed manner? This would be very helpful when double checking the gather results in a large project.

Another minor glitch was that fast local line gather sometimes throws an error at the end of the process. It doesn't affect the gather so i didn't write down the error (I'll get back to this thread when I encounter it again), but it had something to do with open scene check/attempts to open a scene (possibly attempting to open an already open scene?)

Comments

• would it be possible to enable in debug mode an option that would create a very verbose debug file (.txt or .csv for example), that lists all the removed and added lines in a very detailed manner?

AC isn't directly aware of what's removed - it just tallies the difference before and after the operation. You could, however, output a CSV file of all text before and after and use some sort of comparison tool to see the difference between the two.

It doesn't affect the gather so i didn't write down the error (I'll get back to this thread when I encounter it again),

I'd need the error to comment properly, but Unity does tend to throw ignorable errors relating to scene management during this process.

• Local line gather error. I think it gets thrown at the end, because lines get gathered, but it fails to show the pop-up message which describes the line difference.

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
    Parameter name: index
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.String].get_Item (Int32 index) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:633)
    AC.SpeechManager.CacheDisplayLines () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/SpeechManager.cs:516)
    AC.SpeechManager.PopulateList (Boolean currentSceneOnly) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/SpeechManager.cs:1320)
    UtilityFunctions.FastLineGather () (at Assets/Scripts/Editor/UtilityFunctions.cs:14)

• That output doesn't align with the latest official release. What's your AC version, and what is on your version's line 516 of SpeechManager.cs?