Forum rules - please read before posting.

Dialogue avatars

Is there a way to option to install a dialogue system that produces a sprite during dialogue? I have read that there is a small avatar available but I was looking for a way to change the sprite in game. I want a similar look to visual novels where the avatar will change to display different images to display emotions based on what the character says.

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @Tokay.

A character can be assigned a portrait graphic via the bottom of their Inspector. You can also check Use expressions? to define a list of expressions they can display.

To show this graphic when a character speaks, you must add a "Graphic" menu element type to your Subtitles menu, and set this element's Graphic type field to Dialogue Portrait. To change expression when speaking, use the [expression:name] tag - see the Manual's "Text tokens" chapter for more.

For a guided tutorial, see this page.

• I missed that. Exactly what I looking for! Thanks, loving this asset btw! Makes life so much easier