Forum rules - please read before posting.

Viewport Rect - Camera does not display on full screen

edited October 2014 in Engine development
Hello,

I've been testing the game on iPhone and recently started testing on a Note 3 and realized (even in game play on the mac) that the main camera viewport rect settings change to something like X; 0.149, Y;0 W; 0.7 H; 1

No idea why this is happening, I would really like it to be shown on the whole screen/display, what happens if its played on a tablet? Will it not fit on the display? 

How is this fixable ?

Thanks 

Comments

• I haven't heard of this before.  Is this a problem with Unity's camera in general on this platform, or with AC specifically?  Test it on a non-AC scene - that the rect settings have been changed to something so specific suggests that there's something reverting it to this on purpose.
  • I really don't know whether its a problem with Unity or Not, if I create a new scene with its original camera it stays to X; 0 Y;0 W;1 H;1 (default)

If I go back to my AC Scene and look at the main cam settings its default as well, when I run the game it changes to the numbers in the original post,

now i can literally manually force these values to the default ones - vie inspector.

I just don't understand what makes it that effect as when I build it does the same in phone play - the issue with changing the camera's viewport rect manually after running the game is that the AC menu buttons is now off, it shows it as its original -custom viewport settings so they do not reach middle left for example it stays where it was originally placed on first initial runtime with the custom . odd settings
  • edited October 2014
    Hm, maybe it had something to do with the "Free Aspect" vs 3:2 Landscape and other options , odd 

Oh I just changed it to something else run the game and again the viewport changes :o how odd
  • Are you forcing the aspect ratio within the Settings Manager?  Or is there another asset / script forcing the rect?
  • Hm aspect ratio in the settings is set to 1.5 should that be the value? what should be the default value I assume 1 ?

could that be the issue,

no I do not force it with any other asset or script.

• edited October 2014
    Oh Also, the game I'm making is landscape only, maybe gas something to do with that ?

Not sure why "force aspect ratio" was on in the settings, but changing that seems to have fixed the issue O_o