Forum rules - please read before posting.

How to interact with menu volume sliders?

How to interact with menu volume setting sliders?

I have my game menus set up, having only changed the visual layout of the menus duplicated from the AC demo. However, I can’t adjust the volume sliders with mouse, or keyboard or controller. This is in editor and in compiled builds – I’m using unity 2018.2.14f1 and AC V1.66.0

My menus do not pause game play, only freeze the player movement. I have however tested pause in case that made a difference, but sadly it didn’t. Other buttons in the menus are clickable, but Sliders are not. How am do I interact with them, or set cursors etc?

Comments

• edited January 2019

Update - I have my project set to Keyboard or Controller and Sliders are not changeable – However if I temporarily change my project to Keyboard and Mouse – Volume sliders are clickable by mouse. With Keyboard or Controller set in my game I still have a cursor for menus and close-ups etc controlled by both mouse or by controller joystick. I’m unsure how to fix this volume Slider issue?! :(

• edited January 2019

Are you using Unity UI or Adventure Creator for the Menu's Source property?

How is it that you wish to control it? By using an on-screen cursor, or by directly controlling the slider (i.e. left/right keys)? Are you able to control the "Language" and "Subtitles" option elements?

If you want to directly-control a UI element, you'll have to configure the first element to select in the Menu's properties. As making this work is more complex during gameplay, pause the menu for now and see the element selection properties at the bottom of the Menu's properties.

• I’m using Adventure Creator for the Menu's Source.

I would like the on-screen cursor to be able to control the Slider, as it does when I set the project to Keyboard and Mouse. Sadly when the project is set to Keyboard and Controller the on-screen cursor no longer allows me to change an AC Slider, But I can use buttons such as toggle on or off "Language" and "Subtitles" option elements.

• Bug recreated, thanks for the feedback. Will work on a fix.

• Ah, Ok thanks :)