Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hotspot interactable from "Camera on Start" camera but not close up Camera

Hey, just started using AC so i'm probably missing something here.
I have a scene with a close up camera that the player switches to, and an item with an hotspot that is supposed to only be interactable when viewing through the close up camera. I can interact with the item from the camera set to camera on start, but not from the camera that is the close up view, it doesnt matter whether im setting any "Limit to camera" in the hotspot settings. If i set the close up camera to camera on start, the hotspot becomes interactable from that camera.

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @TheaB.

Is this a 2D or 3D game, and what are your AC and Unity version numbers? When you say its not interactable, do you mean that the Hotspot label appears but you can't use it, or that even the label does not appear?

From what you've described, things sound like they should work - if no Limit to camera is assigned, then a Hotspot should be interactive from all cameras. Is your Settings Manager's Hotspot detection method set to Mouse Over or Player Vicinity, and have you assigned an Interactive boundary in your Hotspot's Inspector?

Unless it's due to some setting above, Hotspots should be interactive so long as there's no collider in the way. If there is a collider on the Default layer between the camera and the Hotspot, it may be "blocking" detection. Is that the case here?

Lets see some screenshots to illustrate the issue - it's not clear from your description what the issue is.

• Hello again :)

The unity version is 2018.2.18f1 and AC version is 1.65.2.
    I use mouse over hotspot detection, and i'm not using an interactive boundary on it. I don't have a collider between the hotspot and the camera, but the hotspot is sitting kinda close on top of another, but i would expect that to not be an issue.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1JXuKa-KP7B8yx8fKBbl4DPhFtgQU18PH?usp=sharing

As you can see the bucket highlights and shows label from the overview camera but nothing happens at all on mouseover in the closeup.

• edited December 2018

Though the larger Hotspot shouldn't be an issue, try disabling it and other objects in the scene - we may find that something is blocking the raycast after all. Does the bucket's mesh have a separate collider on the Default layer?

Let's see a screenshot of the Inspector of your bucket Hotspot at the time the 2nd and 3rd screenshots were taken (i.e. when working vs when not).

• The bucket does not have any collider attached, and disabling everything else in the scene did not help.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qQGBUUl_uT43-4QshGnn4GDmlBa0HHfL

• OK - all looks fine. I'll need to see it for myself to see what's up.

If you can create a .unitypackage file of the scene and any ActionList asset necessary to reproduce the issue (AC itself and graphical assets can be left out), PM it to me and I'll take a look.