Forum rules - please read before posting.

Saving and loading with WebGL.

Hi everybody!
I'd like to ask you a question about the use of the Save/Load game function when using WebGL.
Where are save game files stored, if I upload a game on a site? (i.e.: Newgrounds)

Also: I've already added one-by-one the various "remember" components to the gamobjects to save their state when a scene changes. Should I use the "auto-add save components to gameobjects" command anyway, or am I fine with what I've already done?

Thank you!

Comments

• P.s.: when using WebGL, does saving the game use an external database or something browser-related?

• Where are save game files stored, if I upload a game on a site?

By default, AC saves WebGL save files to Unity's Application.persistentDataPath - you can learn more about what this entails from this thread.

You can override this to PlayerPrefs with:

SaveSystem.SaveFileHandler = SaveFileHandler_PlayerPrefs;

For more, see the Manual's "Custom save formats and handling" chapter.

Should I use the "auto-add save components to gameobjects" command anyway, or am I fine with what I've already done?

The auto feature just does what you've done manually, so if you've already tagged everything correctly there won't be a difference. It won't add a Remember component where one already exists, however, so you can always use it to try to catch any you may have missed - back up beforehand, though.

• Thank you! I'll try using the auto-add just to be sure I've not missed anything (as you said, I'll backup the project before doing this!)