Forum rules - please read before posting.

Menu on for all game states

I wish to implement a menu for debug purposes only. (displaying game speed, changing it, having input to add items etc..)

For that I made a custom menu with Unity UI Prefabs. The problem I am having is that while it works fine when setting appear type to manual and turning it on at start, the menu gets turned off when opening any menu from the main menu(like save, load, options). So when I save the game and load it it stays off!
I tried hacking this with re-enabling it with a menu event, but it does not work. Any other appear type does not seem to work for my need as well.
Note that I want the menu to be enabled during all game states, including pause.

PS: The google search feature is not working again, can't find anything on this topic.

Comments

• The default pausing menus (including Save/Load etc) all rely on Crossfading to switch between one another, and the Pause menu's Appear type is set to On Input Key while also pausing the game.

These settings assume a certain amount of control that AC takes to make it simple to set up, but it also makes the assumption that any Menu other than those should be turned off at this time. To prevent this, you'll have to instruct the Menu behaviour to exactly what you want manually.

Set each of the pausing Menus to have an Appear type of Manual, and then each menu-transitioning Button's Click type to Run Action List. You can then define for each Button an ActionList that turns off a specific Menu, and turns on another - both of which can be done with the Menu: Change state Action.

To bring back the "press Escape to toggle the Pause menu" functionality, create a new Active Input that's mapped to your "Menu" input. Give this Active Input an associated ActionList that either turns the pause menu on or off according to whether it's already on or not (Menu: Check state). If it's off, you can turn it on and also turn off Save/Load etc.