Forum rules - please read before posting.

PlayMakerIntegration assembly reference error

After a few years not working on an old project I opened and spent a happy evening getting rid of red errors.
Mostly depreciated stuff that I didn't need or can do another way. Im left with one AC one regarding PlayMaker. (which has caused me the most headaches, lots of PM errors after all these years) I have reinstalled both PlayMaker and Adventure Creator, and made sure PlayMakerIsPresent is set. I tried removing this file, as I'm considering removing PlayMaker altogether now, but that just cause more problems so I put it back.

Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Static/PlayMakerIntegration.cs(22,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `HutongGames' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Comments

• Unless Playmaker changes its namespace (which isn't the case, so far as I can see), this error will only show if you have PlayMakerIsPresent set, but no Playmaker installed.

Setting the PlayMakerIsPresent symbol is basically a way of telling AC that Playmaker is installed, and that it's "safe" to run Playmaker code.

To uninstall Playmaker from your AC project, you would have to remove this symbol before removing Playmaker itself.

If this error shows while Playmaker is correctly installed, I'm not sure how. You can, however, delete the PlayMakerIntegration script file safely without losing data - though AC's PM integration won't work until you re-import it.