Forum rules - please read before posting.

Follow Tint map issue

Hi everyone,
I am experiencing a strange issue with my tint map: it works as expected on the player but not on other objects (example background).
Basically I have a tint map that simulate light coming from a window, all black exept the light cone. With the player the follow tint map scritp works perfectly but the background and other sprites are black (if I change Effect intensity I can see through, it's just the light cone that is not working).
I created the tint map following the tutorial and I enabled read/write in tint map sprite. I tried also to uncheck follow default tint map and set it manually with the same risult.
Is there something I am missing?
Thanks in advance for your help.

I am on Unity 2018.2.15f1 and AC version is 1.65.2

Comments

• edited November 2018
    As this is a visual issue, please share some screenshots to illustrate the problem - the Inspectors of the objects and assets involved, as well as the view in-game.

One thing to bear in mind is that the colour of a "tinted" sprite is based on the position of the sprite's GameObject.  It isn't calculated on a per-pixel level across the sprite.  The colour of your background sprite will be based on the tint map's colour at the background sprite's transform position.

If you're looking to have special FX added to your backgrounds, you're better off overlaying separate graphics or post-processing to achieve it - the Tint Map system is intended for characters mainly.