Forum rules - please read before posting.

Custom Unity UI prefab - issues with inventory shift button

I am making a custom Inventory UI with Unity prefabs and stumbled upon a problem, which I couldn't resolve.

I am selecting items with a single left click and deselecting them with a left click as well. Whenever I have an item selected(it's icon as cursor) and click on the either left or right shifting button the item gets deselected.

I found out that DragState is not even set to DragState.Inventory. I am not sure if this is a AC related issue or if I missed a step in the setup. 

Do I need to implement the state change myself whenever I click on an inventory item? I checked out the pre-existing inventory prefabs AC provides and found no additional scripts.

Comments

• The DragState should not be set to DragState.Inventory unless you've got Drag and drop Inventory interface? checked in your Settings Manager.

No additional scripts should be necessary: I've recreated this and it's a bug.  I will look further into it, thank you for posting.
  • Thanks.

Could you perhaps suggest a temporary solution/patch for this issue? We are currently testing our game and this bug can be a game-breaker. Thanks!
  • I ended up with a simple script on each button that invokes a click action when an inventory item cursor is detected over it for more than X seconds. Works fine as a temporary solution.
  • To fix, try opening PlayerInteraction.cs and find the UpdateInventory method.

There, replace "IsMouseOverInventory" with "IsEventSystemSelectingObject".
  • This worked. Thanks.