Forum rules - please read before posting.

Dialogue variables...

I would like to have an interaction that on the first click plays one phrase of dialogue...then any future clicks triggers a different phrase. Is there any tutorial that might help me with this? thank you so much!

Comments

• edited November 2018
    What kind of interaction, a dialogue option?

There are two ways you can do this:

1) Create two dialogue options with the same label - one for the first click, one for all others.  Disable the second one by default, and then use the Dialogue: Toggle option to enable it (and disable the first) when the first is clicked.

2) Using just one dialogue option, begin your ActionList with a Variable: Run sequence Action.  Give this 2 possible values, and don't loop it.  This'll cause it to continue from the first output socket the first time it's run, and the second output socket all other times.

By saving the sequence's value as a Variable (which you can do in the Action), you can keep this sequence's state stored in save games.
  • Thanks so much for the speedy response! I will give both of those a crack and see what works best...thanks again!