Forum rules - please read before posting.

Action Lists - Is there a way of better scrolling around them?

Hey there,

I'm in the process of putting a lot of dialogue into my game which is making for larger and larger action lists. 

I've noticed when dragging to connect actions, the view of the action list doesn't scroll which is making things very cumbersome to put together (I end up having to shrink things trying to get everything on screen so I can get the target action visible.)

Are there some tips and tricks of scrolling around action lists and connecting things which I'm not aware of?

Comments

• edited October 2018
    The ActionList Editor relies on Unity's own editor code, so there are limitations imposed in that regard.  I will see what can be done, however.

Zooming is possible by enabling it in the Actions Manager.
  • Thanks Chris, I didn't know about the zooming. That certainly helps.

Certainly when using Action Lists, I have a craving for the free-pan feel which Unity's Animator allows where you can hold the middle-mouse button down to pan around the grid. 

I however remain totally ignorant as to the feasibility of such things!

• Panning with the MMB is already possible - so long as it's within the area that Actions exist.

It should be possible to have an "auto-panning" feature when e.g. dragging Actions around etc.