Forum rules - please read before posting.

Anima2D questions

I have a couple of questions regarding Anima2D integration. 

1. Sorting maps - I used this script to get my character to follow sorting maps. It works, but it puts all parts of the character on the same layer. My character is made up of 7 different parts (head, body, arms etc.), and moving them to the same layer messes up their order in relation to eachother. I 'fixed' this by adding an extra variable to the script that gets added to the final number so I can bump each piece up by X layers. So now may character exists across multiple layers. As you can probably tell I'm way out of my depth here, so my question is - is this solution really stupid? Is there an easier/better way to do it?

2. Tint maps - is it possible to do something similar to get an Anima2D character to follow tint maps?

Thanks!

Comments

• 1. IIRC Anima2D includes a script that can combine multiple sprites into one at runtime - have you tried that?

2. The FollowTintMap component works by tinting the color field of a SpriteRenderer.  The wiki script's Update function could similarly be updated to copy over the color property as well:

spriteMeshInstanceToUpdate.color = spriteRendererToCopy.color;

• Oops, missed your quick reply...

1. I'm not aware of the anima2D script you are referring to, and can't seem to find any info on it. Is the fix I described above really bad? I might just stick with it as it seems to work and I can't figure out the alternative...

2. The extra code you've supplied for the tint map issue works perfectly! 

Thanks Chris!
  • The script is named "SkinnedMeshCombiner", and was in the Examples folder - but perhaps its not there in the latest release.

But if your method works, it works!