Forum rules - please read before posting.

Character Face Object Smooth Within X Time

Hello,

Chris, I normally try to figure things out myself and do research however...I've spend over 2 days on something that should have taken me way less :(

Unity 2017.4.8f1
AC 1.65

I use Direct M&K Tank movement.

First Character move along path, stop moving instantly. 
Then change the Engine manage systems Movement to disabled.

Then character face object, however it does not fully turn to look at the object it merely glances that way for a moment... (wait until finish is checked on) - also tried without it.

I tried the is instant yes, and now it does look at the object great! But its way too quick... not what I want,

So I decide to use DO Tween to Smooth look at the Object within 2 seconds, this works, only problem is when DO Tween is finished the player reverts to its original look position, 
This also gets worse if the player is turning before and while the DO Tween,

I've also done
useGravity to off
and kinematic to on

However I am stuck and cannot figure out to simply smooth look at an object within a time frame... I don't mind do tweening it to, but then how do I make sure AC does not interfere for those seconds... 

It won't hurt to be able to simply look at an object with the action too...

Much appreciated for your help.

Comments

• I'm not clear from your description why you're changing the movement method (certainly it shouldn't be necessary for just turning the character through Actions), but the snapping-back will be due to the character's internal record of its own rotation:

You can force the rotation to whatever rotation you need to by setting this through script.