Forum rules - please read before posting.

Parameterised Custom Action within a Parameterised Asset Action List not working

I've created an Action List Asset file with parameters. I've also created a Parameterised Custom Action, so I have the following stack of calls:

Action List -> Run Parameterised Action List Asset -> Custom Parameterised Action using one of the parameters passed to the parent Action List Asset

The Custom Action works if I put it directly under the first Action List, but it's not getting the passed parameter properly if I put it inside my Parameterised Action List Asset.

Unity version: 2017.4.2f2
Adventure Creator version: 1.62.2

Comments

• Can you provide a screen shot of each of the parameterised AL Assets, and one of the top-level AL that launches them?
  • Sure.

https://imgur.com/a/QDTIJZ6
    https://imgur.com/a/ITSNexU

The first image is the call to my Custom AL asset. The second is the AL asset itself, with a call at the bottom to my Custom Action. The Custom Action is disconnected in the image, but obviously when I tried all this, it was connected.

• @talkingalone

I have created a similar nested action list and it works fine here.

The first image shows the first AL that launches Layer 1. It provides a GameObject and a Global Variable.

This second image is Layer 1. This is just acting as middleman and passing the same parameters to Layer 2:

Image three shows Layer 2, which toggles the Global Variable, and visibility of the GameObject (in this instance a bed).

You can also see this working in the below video:

I couldn't quite figure out the logic of what you are trying to achieve, but i think you probably want to concentrate on the logic. What are you checking for and what outcomes do you want?

Hope this helps
    Kev

• Since you're dealing with a custom Action, it's not clear if this is an issue with the ActionList/parameters, or with the code in your Action.

To debug parameter values at runtime, insert an ActionList: Comment Action and use the [param:X] token to display your parameter's value in the Console.  (For more on tokens, see the Manual's "Text tokens" chapter)

You should also - even if it's in a backup/duplicate release - test for this in the latest release.