Forum rules - please read before posting.

Action List starts twice on Button Click

edited September 2014 in Technical Q&A
When I click on the menu button it gets clicked twice.
It happens also with interaction with items on inventory that triggers an actionlist.

I have button: ActionList and I do the following:
-> click on button

Then it happens the following:
-> ActionList starts
-> ActionList starts again (almost instantaneously)

I'm not sure what it could be.
I tried the mouse click outside of AC environment, just to check, and the mouse seems to be working fine.

I'm using a 2d environment with 
- movement method: point& click
- input method: mouse and keyboard
- Interaction method Choose Hotspot then interaction

Comments

• I can't recreate this myself - are you using the latest version?

How long does the ActionList last?  If it's instantaneous, would adding a pause stop the problem from happening?  Not that that would be the solution, but it'll help narrow the source.

You may also want to try tinkering with the Click Delay value in the GameEngine prefab's Player Input component.  However, unless you've already changed this value from it's 0.3 default I can't see how you'd have this problem in the first place.
  • Back on this topic. This thing is still happening to me.

Action List creates multiple duplicates.

------------------------- Simple example:
    I've added a simple action list on the subtitles menu, to create a manual skipping for the dialogue.

Specifics:
    - Subtitle skipping is disabled in the speech manager
    - I've added a Action List to the Subtitles Menu (When turn On)
    - Action list is as follow: Check Input (Space) looping -> if clicked -> Dialogue: Stop dialogue

I did the above to create a manual dialogue skipping.

It is working, but not properly, I've the 2 following bugs:
    - Action list duplicates many times for each subtitles menu. I need to keep clicking space multiple times also after the dialogue to kill all the duplicate action lists.
    - The 2d animation is not working properly if I use the Dialogue Stop Dialogue. The character keeps the talking animation also after the dialogue.
  • - The 2d animation is not
    working properly if I use the Dialogue Stop Dialogue. The character
    keeps the talking animation also after the dialogue.
    This will be fixed for 1.40.
    - Action list duplicates many times for each subtitles menu. I need
    to keep clicking space multiple times also after the dialogue to kill
    all the duplicate action lists.
    Please elaborate, as I'm not sure what you mean here.  In my testing, ActionLists set to run when a menu turned on are only ever run once per time the menu is enabled.
  • Please elaborate, as I'm not sure what you mean here.  In my testing, ActionLists set to run when a menu turned on are only ever run once per time the menu is enabled.

On my side it behaves differently.
    My subtitles have an ActionList set to run when the sutitles menu is turned on.

As soon as I see the first subtitle menu during the game I count multiple ActionList (eight in total) on the hierarchy.

*The action list is pretty simple. Check Input (Space) looping -> if clicked -> Dialogue: Stop dialogue

I think this duplication is not that dangerous, but still, I can't understand what's creating them.
  • edited November 2014
    Test with a fresh ActionList that does something really simple, like display some background speech.  It needs to be seen if this is caused by the Actions you're using.  A screenshot of the ActionList would also be helpful - I see what you're doing from your description, but I'll still need a shot of it's full Inspector.