Forum rules - please read before posting.

First Person Camera not moving when character crouches

Hey there, I'm stuck with a strange issues I hope you can help me with. I've a first person character whose camera is parented to their head. This works absolutely fine when moving around the environment.

However, when I use Final IK interaction system to pickup an object (the player crouches a little and I expect the camera to move with the head), although the camera that is a child of the head moves as expected, the main camera does not and literally remains static as the character bends.

Grab1 shows the  character bending and the camera (which is a child of the head) moving as expected in scene view.
Grab2 shows the main camera remaining static while the character bends down

Any ideas how to resolve this? Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Is the character's animation all being done with FinalIK?

You'd have to ask that asset's developer to be sure, but I suspect FinalIK does its thing in LateUpdate - so that it occurs on top of any regular animation the character has.

The MainCamera also relies on LateUpdate when copying its own position to that of the camera it's "attached" to.

What may be the case is that the MainCamera is updating before FinalIK.

If so, you might be able to address this by having AC run after FinalIK.  All of AC's update calls are made via the StateHandler script - so try increasing that script's Execution Order relative to FinalIK.

You should contact FinalIK's author for confirmation, however, and he may have more suggestions.
  • Absolutely spot on - thanks Chris. All sorted