Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hotspot label stuck at the size of the placeholder text

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or if it's just me that has overlooked something, but I have been looking through it again and again for a couple of hours now, and it really seems like I have set everything as it should be.

I have set both my 'Menu 11: Hotspot' and 'HotspotLabel' to automatic size, and it looks fine in the Game view. However when I actually run my game, all hotspot labels are stuck at the size of the placeholder text I entered in HotspotLabel in the editor - for some of my hotspots this means that the label is too large, and for some it's too small, making only some of the text visible. If I delete the placeholder text, the hotspot labels only show as a small dot (I have background texture on) when running my game.

Any idea what I could be doing wrong? Or could it possibly be caused by a bug?

Comments

• It's a bug - the "Automatic" size option isn't too reliable.

I'll look into it further, but do bear in mind that the "Adventure Creator" source option for Menus is really more intended for prototyping at this stage.  It's recommended to switch to Unity UI for your Menu rendering once you want to configure your Menu's appearance properly.  Unity UI has much better controls for auto-sizing based on the content within it.

Each of the default Menus has a Unity UI variant, which you can enable by switching the Source to Unity Ui Prefab.  A tutorial on converting an AC Menu to Unity UI can be found here.
  • Thanks @ChrisIceBox , I'll look into Unity UI then!