Forum rules - please read before posting.

Character moves over to hotspot when clicking on it rather than waiting for direction

edited September 2014 in Engine development
Hi All,

When I click on a Hotspot my character walks over to the point as if I'd clicked on an area of ground to walk to instead of waiting for the player to choose whether or not they want to look at, grab, talk to the object.

Is there a setting I need to change as this is making it all a bit of a pain to play to say the least!

Cheers for your help,

Kris

Comments

• edited September 2014
    What's your Interaction method (within the Settings Manager) set to?  If it's Choose Hotspot Then Interaction (as with the 2D demo), the Player certainly shouldn't move until you've chosen an Interaction.

If this is an issue once an Interaction has been called, look for the Player action setting within the Hotspot's Inspector.  You can define whether or not the Player walks over, does nothing, faces, etc.  For full control over it, you can just set it to "Do Nothing", and define it completely within the associated Interaction.
  • Awesome, thank you!

Yeah, bit of a weird one as doesn't seem to happen all the time. I'll go with the do nothing for now and use interactions only.

Thanks again,

Kris