Forum rules - please read before posting.

Falling off world?

edited August 2018 in Technical Q&A
Hi all :)
I had 2 questions
I wondered if it was possible to stop the player from falling off the edge of the world? I mean if I walk to the end of the terrain the player literally just falls off. Is colliders the only way to do this? I just thought it would get in the way of the paths (stone walkway paths not character npc paths) if i only put in box colliders on a complicated terrain edge.

Also I wanted to ask if it was possible to stop the player from walking on grass? My terrain is entirely model, in 2 pieces-- the landscape and the walkway paths. I wanted the character to stick to the paths and be stopped if they tried to move onto the grass. (it's a model of a flat green landscape texture not unity grass). Again I could put box colliders everywhere but again, it would get in the way of the walkways and could take a long time. Just wondered if there was another way.

Thanks!

Comments

• Are you talking about all characters, or just the Player - and how are you controlling your Player?

If all character movement is controlled via pathfinding, then it's entirely down to the NavMesh.  Otherwise, if you use e.g. Direct control, then Colliders are necessary to restrict movement.  These do seem more like general Unity questions than ones specific to AC, though.
  • Hi Chris,
    Thanks I'll do that! :) And sorry I thought with AC installed with all the movement settings I'd need to do something AC-related to get it to work, but colliders is fine!