Forum rules - please read before posting.

Cursor outside of screen

edited July 2018 in Engine development
Hi,

I have an inventory bar positioned at the top of the screen same as the default AC's inventory. It hides when the mouse leaves the inventory. I'm now talking about playing the built version in fullscreen.

I expect the cursor not be able to "leave the screen" when a 16:9 game is not playing on 16:9 monitor but for example on 16:10 or 21:9 with either horizontal or vertical pillarbox (or letterbox?) around the "screen".

Forcing an aspect ratio to 1.777778 (16:9) solves that problem even though the cursor still gets somehow "above" the inventory as the inventory gets hidden when going at the very top of the screen with the cursor.
(16:9 screen resolution is also set)

Why is that happening? The inventory is 120px high i even tried make it 130px high and keep the 10 pixels off screen to be sure there is no empty space between the inventory and top of the screen. It's still happening though.

Any idea how can i fix this?
Thanks.

AC v1.63.2

Comments

• I'll need a few more pieces of info in order to recreate the issue:
    • AC / Unity version numbers
    • Are you using Software or Hardware cursor rendering?
    • Is your Inventory menu rendered with Adventure Creator or Unity UI?
  • edited July 2018
    • AC v1.63.2
    • Unity 2018.1.6f1
    • 16:9, 1920x1080
    • Unity UI linked to AC's menu system, Scale With Screen Size - 1920x1080
      Canvas > Panel > content objects
    • Software cursor rendering
    • Works on 16:9 monitor, not on 16:10
    • Inventory panel height: 120px
    Pointer exit on Panel sets the y pos of the panel to 120. ( By using EventSystem - IPointerExitHandler )
    (The Inventory opens when another invisible panel underneath is being hovered, positioned at the top of the screen)

Issue: Inventory gets hidden when going at the very top of the screen with cursor. I don't have a wider screen so i can't test if it's the same for the vertical pillarbox.

• Thanks for the details.  I've recreated this and shall be including a new "Keep cursor within screen boundary" option in the Cursor Manager.

Please PM me if you'd like to test the fix - as this is an issue that is hardware-dependent I think it'd be wise to test on multiple machines.