Forum rules - please read before posting.

Particle in Menu doens't close instant when closing menu...

edited July 2018 in Technical Q&A
Hello,
I'm trying to solve this issue. I searched the forum but I didn't find something similar. 
What I have is a flame particle in a menu. When I turn off the menu, the particle doesn't close instant with it but after about a second.
I'm running everything with ActionScripts no custom code here  so I was wondering if there is a way with AC to stop a particle instant the moment the menu closes.
Thank you.

Comments

• UPDATE :
    The problem occurs when I use transition type : Canvas group Fade with transition time > 0 and transition animation : smooth.
    If I change transition time to 0 then the particle stops exactly the moment the menu close.
    With transition time over 0 the particle turns off the at the end of the fade out (but the elements hide almost instant - a label and a sprite )

• You might be using AC Actions, but you haven't said how.  What Actions exactly are you running, and when is the ActionList in question called?  Where is the ParticleSystem attached, and what are it's properties?  I'm afraid there are not enough details here to help just yet.

I'm also not clear on what the exact behaviour is.  If you have a non-zero transition time, the menu will fade out - nothing will be instant.  Screenshots (or better yet, video) showing what's going on will help to understand what's going on.
  • Hi Chris,
    I just solved the problem. I had a custom action on "When turn off"  that was changing the image before fade out to empty. So it looked like that image was closing earlier than particle.

(writing down all the details for answering your questions revealed the problem :) )

The particle though doesn't look to fade out like the image but I believe it might have something to do with a shader I have. It's not a problem!  

Have a nice weekend!