Forum rules - please read before posting.

Possible bug - All cutscenes in a specific scene were erased

Hello,

I just realized that all my cutscenes in a specific scene are gone. 
All cutscenes just show the Engine:Wait command and nothing else. 

Any Idea what happend? 
I am at Version 1.56f (didnt want to update just because of reasons like this).
I love Adventure Creator unconditionally, but this incident scares me a lot. I lost some work, but now I need to check every single scene and cutscene every time I want to backup. Is there any way to restore the data? I surely didnt mess around with the AC scripts or folder, nor did I change the Asset Files.

Regards,
Daniel

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @HenryChinaski.  I apologise for your trouble.

Certainly this shouldn't happen "at random" - something must've triggered this, but without knowing any details about the circumstance I can only speculate.

The only instance in which I can think of is if a script change is made that breaks compilation (even if its nothing AC-related) - and even then it shouldn't occur save for an issue with Unity itself.  Which version of Unity are you using, and were you editing any custom script at the time?

I can appreciate you being wary of updating, but you should be fine to do so.  You should backup beforehand, of course, as the upgrade notes advise - but merely updating AC itself won't rely on data loss.  When AC does make a change that will affect your project, it is listed in the changelog file.