Forum rules - please read before posting.

Single left click in inventory to switch active item

Hi,

I see a lot of options for how to deselect the active item in the settings, but I'm having a hard time finding out how to change from one active item to another with one single click. How it seems to work, at least the way I  have it set up, is that clicking on any item that is not the currently selected one merely deselects the active item, it doesn't make the newly clicked item the new active item until it's clicked one once more. Is there some way to achieve the behavior we'd like?

Thanks

Comments

• There's a danger of too many options becoming overwhelming, and auto-selecting the new item instead of combining it isn't a common request - but this can be done easily with a custom script:

This hooks into the OnInventoryCombine custom event, which runs when two items are attempted to combine (which occurs when clicking one item with another selected).  Since the item is deselected during this process, the clicked item is stored in a variable and selected in that frame's LateUpdate call.
  • Thanks!