Forum rules - please read before posting.

Animation question

Hi everyone! I'm new to using Adventure Creator, and I really like it so far :)

I have a bit of a (noobish) problem: I have a player that triggers a "crouch" animation when clicked on a certain hotspot, and I want him to play his "get up" animation when I click on any of the other hotspots in the room, and also the floor/NavMesh itself. I've tried using the Animator Controller to "force" the "crouch" animation to transition into the "get up" animation. But it seems that the transition is ignored, and the character automatically transitions into one of the "walk" states.

Tips anyone? :)

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @piranhapoodle.

I'm not clear on what stage you're actually at - have you already set up the other Hotspots to trigger the "standing up", and it's not happening - or are you having trouble with setting up the Animator Controller?

The best way to approach a "crouching" state is to rely on a "Is Crouching" boolean parameter in your Animator Controller - as opposed to using triggers or forcing a one-off animation.  You can then create transitions in your Animator that cause the e.g. Idle animation to transition to the Crouch animation when "Is Crouching" is True, and vice-versa when False.

The Character: Animate Action can then be used to alter the "Is Crouching" parameter's value.

If you have trouble with that step, please post some images on e.g. imgur.com and paste the links here so that we can see exactly what you've got so far.

As for having the player stand up again when clicking elsewhere - are you looking for him to do so only when specifically clicking on Hotspots / the NavMesh, or just anywhere in the scene that isn't the original Hotspot?  It'll probably take a (very simple) custom script, but we'll need to be clear on your exact needs beforehand.