Forum rules - please read before posting.

A few minor issues that I would like to see fixed in an update

edited September 2014 in Engine development
Just a few things that I stumbled upon when working with AC :)
  1. Arrow
    Prompts can be manipulated with the arrow keys, but with the WASD
    buttons as well. However, W means down and S means up, which should be
    the other way around.
  2. In node editor, there is no way to delete items from an action list. This can only be done from the inspector.
  3. There is currently no “insert before” option when creating (or copying) an item in an action list, only an “insert after”.
  4. The
    warning "Previously chosen variable no longer exists!” appears when
    selecting a (local or global) variable from the action list. I get this
    all the time, but the variables work nonetheless. I see no reason for
    this warning to exist, but maybe I'm missing something?

When I stumble upon more things, I'll post it here in a comment :)

Comments

• 1) Good spot.

2) Marquee-select the node and right-click in empty space to get multiple options - including the ability to delete it. I would rather it be a little more user-friendly, but this is a limitation of Unity's editor.

3) True, but if you're using the ActionList Editor window, you can use the same menu mentioned above to insert Actions anywhere.

4) I can't recreate this issue - can you post steps to accurately do so?
  • edited September 2014
    Nice, I didn't know about the marquee selecting in the node editor. That really helps :)

This is how I got the variable issue:
    - I create a local variable from the Game Editor under the Variables tab.
    - In a random interaction in my scene, I add a new action to the action list.
    - I set the action to be a Variable: Check and once I select Source: local, I get the warning.

The same happens if I do it with a global variable.
    Nothing too bad, but the warnings can be a little annoying when working with a lot of variables.
  • I can see how that would be annoying, but I still can't re-create this - despite following your steps.  Does it occur if you're starting in a new scene (i.e. when you create a Local Variable, it's the only one available)?
  • edited September 2014
    Yup, it also happens in a new scene, with only the 'testVar' variable availible as a local variable, as can be seen below:

• Sorry for the bother - would you mind screenshotting the console with the error selected?  It'll give me some useful debug info.