Forum rules - please read before posting.

Issue with Button Translation

Hello,

I'm currently working on the translation feature provided by AC, and almost everything is fine. Every dialog and labels are translated, but the buttons are not. AC seems to change only the Button Text in the Menu Manager, but not the printed text of the Button Object in my scene.
My buttons do not have a child Text because I've added a TextMeshPro Component on them. Is the problem related to this choice ?
Am I missing any option or do I have to change the Button Text with script every time I change the language ?

Thanks !

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @Clem.

That'll be it.  The Menu Manager connects to Unity UI Text components - it doesn't know that you're instead relying on Text Mesh Pro.

A script that connects the two together can be found on the AC wiki here: https://adventure-creator.wikia.com/wiki/Text_Mesh_Pro_integration

• Yeah, I realized that when I tested a basic button with a UI.Text component later last night. Thank you for the link, it works fine now ! 
  • Hey there @Clem

I'm just trying to get a TextMeshPro object working in AC and using that same integration wiki but with no joy. Am I right in thinking I need to create a gameobject with both a text & textmeshpro component?
  • They don't need to be on the same object, but they do need to be both present.  The Text should be invisible/hidden, and will transfer its contents onto the TextMeshPro component.