Forum rules - please read before posting.

Pilgrim! Our #advjam2018 2 week jam game!

edited May 2018 in Games showcase

So using unity and adventure creator over the period of 2 weeks we made Pilgrim for #advjam2018!

Pilgrim is a game inspired by the artwork & graphic novels of artist Jean Giraud aka Moebius.. both artistically and in its story telling.. It's a weird little game, its a mystical little game, its an esoteric little game.. its a geometric little game.. its a sacred little game.. its a scifi little game.. and its a mysterious little game.. and so uhh! It's a little game! (and a bit buggy of a little game) but uhh! Give it a go! 

(The linux and mac builds are highly experimental & seem to have a lot of issues still.. and i have no way to really test to bug hunt or figure out whats wrong.. so.. better off sticking to windows! Altho.. It has its problems even seemingly on win7 - win10. But runs well & without a hitch on my win7 w/ geforce gtx 960! Altho.. would be better if everyone could play it like i can without issues! haha..)

I'd love to hear what the community here has to say about it and if anyone can figure out how to improve it using adventure creator.. or help me sorta bug hunt/solve issues that seem to be popping up with the mouse movement, random crashes apparently and other fun stuff! Yay! The joys of releasing a game even a small one like this! Oh what joys! And then people giving it bad ratings cause it crashed on them or whatever.. oye..! 

Adventure Creator Advertisement: (ha-ha) I am an artist and not a programmer in the slightest.. and only have a bit of experience using adventure creator having made a short 2d adventure game a few years back called Route Nowhere. As a 2d/3d artist I absolutely love adventure creator as its made it possible for me to sorta hack together some prototype game ideas that otherwise would be stuck in me old brain noggin'! So! Thanks Chris so much for making adventure creator! I can never find programmers to work with and adventure creator has really allowed me to manage to get some of my game ideas out there in a pretty functional state and was pretty easy to learn enough basics to make things! yay! The community is great.. the tutorials.. the manual.. chris is so dang helpful on the forums and just! Wow Adventure Creator! If you have any doubts about buying it.. do yourself a favor and get it! You wont be disappointed! 

Here's a link to the game! Thanks for checking it out! Again if you have any tips or tricks on why it may be crashing.. or other things such as the player controller + controls being a little weird.. and ideas on how to improve/fix I'd love to hear back from you all! https://gamejolt.com/games/Pilgrim/340280

BUGS THAT NEED BE FIXED STILL FOR SURE: 
There's still an issue I know of where you can place the Octahedron object on its pedestal and therefore locking yourself out of the final puzzle.. as you can't enter the wind/earth ruin...so umm don't put it up on the pedestal until you get all 4 of the objects!

Thanks everyone! @futuristteletex