Forum rules - please read before posting.

Problem with scene restart.

I have an in game that has a scene than has a main menu which allows the player to select other scenes and they work great the first time I start them, but not second time.  But if I pop up a pause menu in those second scenes and go back to first scene with the menu and then select the same scene as before is does not work.   I'm on Unity 2018.1.0f2 and AC 1.62.6.  
I played around with the restart game, reset scene, etc but no luck so far. When the scene starts the second time it appears the onload cutscene does not run.  It's like you can't run the same scene more than once in one game session.  ie: Looks like I have to force player to quit then restart the game to get the scene to work correctly.  Can you go through the process of allowing a user to go back to a menu, then reselect and play the same scene in case I'm missing something.  Thanks 

Comments

• I'll need additional details to recreate.  Please post a shot of your full Settings Manager, the main menu as it appears in the Menu Manager, as well as shots of the Actions you're using to switch between scenes.
  • To be clear: is the problem that "OnLoad" is not run?

Be aware that OnLoad is only called when a scene is loaded as a result of loading a save game file - not from switching to it through natural gameplay, i.e. using the "Scene: Switch" Action.

If you want to run an ActionList no matter how a scene begins, have both your OnStart / OnLoad Cutscenes run a third Cutscene with the "ActionList: Run" Action.
  • Thanks did get it to work.  In the action list that does the quit scene I do a EndCutscene and disables with the GameEngine, then reenable in the scene with the menu and it seems to work great. I did post another note just to try to confirm that is the way to go.
  • If you're disabling the GameEngine, one thing you can do is simply turn off AC completely with:

AC.KickStarter.TurnOffAC ();

That will end all ActionLists too.