Forum rules - please read before posting.

After upgrading, some hotspots don't work

edited May 2018 in Technical Q&A
Hi! I recently started working on a project after leaving it for a few months, and I decided to upgrade AC to its latest version. I've figured out how to import the game's scene manager, so all the visuals are in place, but some of my hotspots aren't working and I have no idea why. 

I've attached screenshots of the working hotspot's inspector (scooterClick) and the not working hotspot's inspector (scooterDialogue), as well as my settings. Let me know if there's other information you guys need.

Thank you! 

https://imgur.com/a/ZL0p2zX

Comments

• Which version were you upgrading from, and in which version of Unity?

You've posted screenshots of the Interactions that the Hotspots run, but not the Hotspots themselves.  What is the state of the problematic Hotspots?  Do they reference their associated Interactions correctly, or is all data cleared from them?  Do the Interactions play out as they should if you click "Run now" in their Inspector?  What is the difference between Hotspot Inspectors that work vs those that don't?

It's also not clear if this is a 2D game, or a 3D one.  What is your game's "Camera perspective" setting, and does this match up with the type of Hotspot?  2D games require Hotspots with 2D Colliders, e.g. BoxCollider2D / PolygonCollider2D.

Be aware that you have to re-assign your game's Managers upon upgrading - see the "Updating Adventure Creator" chapter of the Manual for full details.
  • edited May 2018
    Thanks so much, I figured it out — in the inspector, I saw that the hotspots that were working were using the normal Box Collider, and the ones that weren't working were using the 2D Box Collider. 

Not sure how that got switched around in the updating process, but I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction — thanks so much! :-)