Forum rules - please read before posting.

Cinemachine and AC

Hi,

I am using Cinemachine and I cannot have the camera to zoom in and out on mouse wheel scroll.
I got help for Cinemachine and it should work but I dont know where and how to control the scrolling behaviour in AC.
I also disabled the Game Camera Script of AC for the Brain camera becasue it messes up the Cinemachine behaviour.

Comments

• I have a 3D game.
  • i dont find enough info of the 3rd person camera implementation -- i should add it to the game camera i have or to the virtual follow camera made in cinemachine ?
  • i uscceeded by making true Third person camera a varaible and puttin a component on the game camera.
    it is casueing some problems to the cinema camera, but i will test some more
    yet if there is a coded way to enable this mouse wheel i would need it pls

thank you
  • edited May 2018
    Welcome to the community, @VP_3.

If you're relying on a Cinemachine camera and attaching it to an AC Camera, make sure you attach it to either the SimpleCamera prefab type, or the "Basic camera" component.

If you attach it to a GameCamera, then both that any Cinemachine will "fight" for control over the object.

The Basic Camera component is designed for working with custom camera systems like this, and won't try to control the zoom level etc - so you can use it without having to disable or change any AC camera components.

For more, see the "Adding Custom cameras" and "Working with Cinemachine" chapters of the Manual.
  • edited May 2018
    i thought they will fight and they do
    my problem is this: i want to be able to zoom in and out a Cinemachine Camera.
    if I do not have the third person camera component on Game Camera or Cinemachine Follow camera how can I do it then ?

I read avbout basic camera in the manual and undrstand I must add it to CIne Cameras but basic camera does not have mouswewheel zooming.
  • Cinemachine support was very nice and solved it for everybody. It is posted on unity forum and I think in the last release they included zoom on the free look camera.
    This thread can be closed.
  • you can see I got help here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/cinemachine-how-to-add-zoom-control-to-freelook-camera.505541/
    if i do not have the mousewheel form AC it doesnt work so I need to make the scrolling event seen by AC
    I am not great with code and I dont get how to use the .delta unity stuff
    maybe I should use a custom input and action lists ?
  • What part of that thread are you pointing to?

If you're controlling a Cinemachine camera, it doesn't need to be "seen" by AC so long as the MainCamera is pointing to the Cinemachine Brain.  Any script that controls the VCam's FOV can be separate to AC.

I don't understand your meaning about "mousewheel from AC".