Forum rules - please read before posting.

Tint/swap item cursor over hotspot

Hey!

I'm not sure if it's an option included in AC, I've searched for it in the forum and manual but couldn't find it. I use the default point and click system in 2D, with defeault inventory. I'd like to show when -after selecting an item from the inventory- the player is hovering over a hotspot with the item. Maybe highlighting the item cursor, or swapping it with another texture.

Thanks!

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @edmonddd.

If you define a separate Cursor (optional) texture for an item in it's properties box, then that will be used for it's cursor graphic - and can be animated.  You'll have to make sure that the texture asset has Read/Write enabled checked in it's import Inspector, though, which may need you to change its Texture type to Advanced.

Normally, an animate-able inventory icon will animate at all times, but you can limit to only when over appropriate Hotspots by unchecking Show Active FX when an Interaction in unhandled? in the Settings Manager, under Inventory settings.