Forum rules - please read before posting.

Problem after changing volume with options on a built game.

I'm using 1.62.6 of Adventure Creator and 2018 version of Unity.  I noticed I can use options to change sound during game in the editor and I do not lose sound but if I do that in a built game I lose all sound after I make a change to anyone of the Options sound sliders. It's odd that works in the editor but not a built game.  I suspect it's something simple I'm not doing.  Any pointers are appreciated?

Comments

• Which version of Unity exactly?

What sound type specifically are you changing the volume of?  I shall attempt a recreation.
  • Just tried on a brand new project and works ok so I will have to troubleshoot on my original project.  I have several add on's so might be issue.  Anyway I'll work through it. Thanks John
  • FYI: Getting closer.  Seems I if change the music volume the speech stops in the built game. I'm using Dialogue System so suspect it's linked to that. Anyway got something to go on.
  • Ok might need some help again. According to Dialogue System they do not change volumes. They just invoke Salsa which relies on the volume settings on the audio source.  I did go through and made sure chars have a sound object child (sfx mixer) and each char has a sound object (speech).  When I play the game I can see the mixers are active at right time, but when I use the AC options menu and change sliders the mixer volumes doe not change even though the AC numbers in the settings change.  Any ideas?  Thanks John
  • Got that fixed but still having the original one.  Knew I must have done something stupid.  Forgot to check the parm names matched the ones in the mixer I used.
    So when I build the game and change one of the volume sliders salsa doesn't work in the Dialogue System anymore.  Suspect Salsa gets error.
    In the built game I can change the volume of music and hear difference but the salsa seems to stop.  Hopefully something silly but elusive so far. Will see if I can find a way to get out error during game.

• It looks like salsa stops working for some reason as the dialogue for all characters displays subtitles, but the speech and lipsync does not occur after a volume change in a built game.  Anyone will continue to track down.
  • GOOD NEWS.
    I created a script to update the mixer volumes and my problem is gone.
    Not sure why changing via options menu causes problem.
    Anyway I good to go with this solution.
    John