Forum rules - please read before posting.

Pause gameplay and background tasks

I have an interaction to do a countdown in background while allowing player input.  I run into problem if the player pauses the game and goes into the option menu and back to the pause menu. It appears the countdown interaction gets stopped, but does not resume with the resume button.  
Not sure how to handle. 

It doesn't happen at the pause menu only if I click on another button within the pause menu. Even though the next menu has pause game on.  

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Which versions of AC and Unity?

Is this background list an ActionList asset, or scene-based?  Please let me know it's full properties.

How does the transition between the Pause and Options menus occur?  With the default "Crossfade" feature, or have you modified it?

You can confirm what ActionLists are running via the "AC Status window" available at the bottom of the Settings Manager (known previously as "List active ActionLists in Game window?").  Does it show that the list is indeed stopping after you resume?
  • Thanks for the quick reply.  Forgot about the debug feature. Did prove the action list was still running. Sorry to be a pest.
  • Sorry, is this resolved?  If not, please let me know the other details above.
  • Yes thanks.