Forum rules - please read before posting.

Animator is not playing an AnimatorController on action that change face direction to character

I'm not sure when exactly this problem appeared because I've done 2-3 updates of AC from the last time I tested it.
Right now I have Unity 2017.2.0f3 and AC 1.62.6
Animation Engine : Sprites Unity and motion control Automatic
When I use the action  Character -> Animate  Reset to idle or Character Face Direction I get the AC warning.
"Animator is not playing an AnimatorController."
Any idea how to fix it? What information more do you need to upload?
Thank you.

Comments

• The error suggests that the character's Animator component has no Controller assigned - is this the case?

Let's see the Action itself, as well as the state of the Animator component at the time the error shows.  Are you assigning a character, or just checking "Is Player"?  If you're assigning a character, are you assigning a prefab, or an object in your scene?
  • I fixed it by creating the player again with the wizard and assigning the same values etc etc...
    Before I do that though I tried to fix it with other ways.

Checked the  Affect Player checkbox first.. Then tried to assign a prefab and  then an object still the same error.
    I checked Settings and the  character was assigned normally
    Also I putted a debug log
    Debug.Log(GetComponent<Player>().GetSpriteDirection());
    to check the direction which showed the correct one.
    Walk animation worked fine too.

Anyway it is one of those bugs that you never found out why they happened :)