Forum rules - please read before posting.

How to set feet of character?

I'm feeling a little stupid here, but how do I actually set which part of my character sprite is the feet?

Right now the middle (i.e. the stomach) of my sprite coincides with my player start point. When I click to move my character, it's also the middle of the sprite that ends up on the location. But it should of course be the feet of the character sprite.

Comments

• Okay, I just figured it out, but I still don't understand why, so if anyone can provide an explanation, that would be great:

In the scene window my player character has two 'speaker' symbols that follow him. One is for the Sound child, I get that, but the other one with the yellow circle I don't get, except that when I changed my player sprite Y coordinate to make his feet coincide with it, that fixed my problem (i.e. the feet of the sprite coincides with Player start point and subsequent navigation points).

But what does the speaker symbol with the yellow circle represent?
  • Also, a new problem just arised: after I created a sorting map, it's started to put the speaker symbol with the yellow circle on the middle of my player sprite at runtime (I can see it if I enable gizmos in the game window), even though in the scene window it's still at his feet. Why is that?
  • Okay, sorry for spamming my own thread, but I found the solution now:
    Turns out, in the 2018 version of Unity, the pivot option has been removed from the sprite import settings, which is why it was so hard for me to find.
    Instead now you have to open the Sprite Editor from the import settings, and in there you can change the pivot point for the sprite.
    Changing the pivot to bottom solved my problem.