Forum rules - please read before posting.

Can't upgrade

edited September 2014 in Technical Q&A
Trying to get 1.38 but I get this:

Error while importing package: Couldn't replace asset ProjectSettings/Physics2DSettings.asset
Asset current path does not match the path name it is being replaced with

And my game editor still says 1.37a, any tips?

Comments

• edited September 2014
    I upgraded in fresh project and copied over, lost a fair few settings like variables/menu layouts etc, managed to copy some back but not all, anyone know what files I copy back to get my globalvariables working again? 

Cheers
  • Global Variables are stored in the VariablesManager asset file.  If you've set up your project correctly and been using custom Manager files, the data won't get overwritten when upgrading - though the reference to it may be.  Go to the top of each manager, and change the reference to e.g. "Demo_VariablesManager" to whichever asset you were previously using.

If you used the New Game Wizard to create your managers, you can also use the ManagerPackage asset it created for you, to quickly re-assign all managers again.
  • Ah yes all the managers are stored in assets/myacprojectname/ handy, I thought they had been overwritten!... 
    Still confused me why I can't do a straight upgrade on this project, but not as bad now I know that :)
  • Next time you upgrade, try unchecking the import of "AdventureCreator/Resources/References.asset" - this just stores which manager files are currently loaded.  By not importing it, you should retain the links to your own managers without needing to re-apply them.
  • Thanks for the tip! I want upgrading AC to be smooth :) Mind you upgrading UFPS is never smooth hehe