Forum rules - please read before posting.

First Person Game With Controller.. Add controller mappings for Mac/Linux too for builds probably

If I've enabled & assigned a xbox 360 controller to specific buttons for Windows.. I assume for this to work for MAC/LINUX I also need to add in all the Mac/Linux controller buttons mappings as well?.. as the button mappings for controllers are different on the different Operating Systems that is.. I figure a controller not work if i build for mac/linux if i dont add these in too and just have the windows xbox 360 controller buttons for my interactions etc.. I'd test but have no mac/linux to test on, but can ask a friend.. just figured id map things out before hand if need be.  

Comments

• It's possible to remap AC inputs at runtime (see the "Remapping inputs" chapter of the Manual), but if it's just the two platforms it's probably less hassle to just update your Input Manager for each platform.

There's probably a way to backup your inputs in an asset file for easy transfer, but since that's all Unity you'll have to search Unity's doc / forums for confirmation.
  • thanks chris!