Forum rules - please read before posting.

dialogue from path node not happening

Hi, Its been a while since Ive had time to work in Unity/AC so Im a little rusty.

So THIS DOESN'T WORK... Why?

At the end of a walk along a path an NPC should say "Sorry I´m late!"
Heres the path.

Then to cutscene, which links to an asset file (Ive tried the same with the In Scene option selected too)

Heres the asset file.

Which menu is launched to display a single line of dialogue? Because Conversation has a separate action, and has multiple options.

I tried creating a new menu item (Even though I thought I didnt need to)
Called simply dialogue it looks like this... I'm kind of assuming that the Dialog list is the thing the dialog/Play Speech action links to...

Comments

• Which menu is launched to display a single line of dialogue? Because Conversation has a separate action, and has multiple options.

The 'Subtitles' is used to display subtitles.  If it's not listed in your Menu Manager, you can copy it from the Default_MenuManager asset and paste it into your own.  Conversation is used to display dialogue options.

• Called simply dialogue it looks like this... I'm kind of assuming that the Dialog list is the thing the dialog/Play Speech action links to...

You haven't shown the Menu's properties - only the element within.  To create a new Subtitles menu, it's Appear type property needs to be set to When Speech Plays, and it must contain a Label element with a Label type field set to Dialogue Speech.  The DialogList element is used to display dialogue options.

For more on displaying speech text, see the "Displaying subtitles" chapter of the Manual.  It also provides details of the default menu interface, as well as what each element type is used for.

To test if the issue lies with the menu system, or the Cutscene not triggering somehow, try inserting an ActionList: Comment Action into your "Sorry IM late" Cutscene, write a comment and have it show up in the Console.  That way, you can check that the Actions are properly triggering.
  • Thanks,

Its "suddenly started working"
    HA HA
    Of course I did something, but not sure what, but IT MAYBE...
    just maybe, I had the hotspot location set to "above head" and the mans head was actually out of shot when he spoke...
    not saying I did... but when I set hotspot to display middle of the screen, it worked... so...