Forum rules - please read before posting.

Bug? When Setting new Default Player Start Default cam gets erased

edited September 2014 in Engine development
Hello,

Not sure if there is a specific purpose to this or if it is a bug, I am using the latest version 1.38c but when I create a new playerstart and set it (for testing purposes when I press play I'd like to start elsewhere - while not moving the actual game player start position so I have 2 player starts but only the new one is default ) anyways when I set a new PStart the Default Camera gets erased / forgotten from the "Selection" therefore I have to find the cam and set it as default again, and this becomes a pain after creating new player starts for level testing purposes.

Maybe I'm missing something, if I am please do explain if not happy bug fixing :P

Thanks Have a wonderful weekend!

Comments

• It's not really a bug, just a result of the way things are stored.

Every PlayerStart has it's own associated Camera - this lets you change the starting camera depending on which previous scene the player has just come from.  It used to be that you set the default Camera within the default PlayerStart prefab.  For convenience, this is now also shown in the Scene Manager - but it's still referencing data on the PlayerStart.  This is why changing the PlayerStart also removes the default Camera reference.  To be clear, though: the Camera isn't deleted, just the reference to it as the default.
  • Oh sweet,

thats even smarter! Thanks for pointing that out The wonders that can be accomplished that way are limitless :)