Forum rules - please read before posting.

Walk Animation show over only a accessible area (different than the navmesh)

Hello,
Well I didn't know how to describe it otherwise on the title because it's a little bit farfetched what I'm trying to do.
First of all my NavMesh is a thin strip of 6 pixel height. But with Point & Click controls wherever I click it walks with pathfinding towards that point on X axis.  (I want to have only left/right movement with mouse)
I have a walk cursor that plays a animation in loop. What I'm trying to do is : when an area is inaccessible (per example is blocked by a locked gate), until you make it accessible, not to show the walk cursor animation or better show an inaccessible cursor.

I can't use the "only show "Walk" cursor when over NavMesh" because my navmesh is very thin so I wonder if it is possible to create a fake NavMesh that my walk cursor will play the animation only while you are above that NavMesh.

Any way to do it with AC?

Thank you very much!

Comments

• I wouldn't recommend creating a "fake" NavMesh if it doesn't actually allow the player to go there.

You could try defining an "Inaccessible" cursor icon in your Cursor Manager, and then covering the area in the scene with a Hotspot.  Give that Hotspot a single Use interaction (empty ActionList) with that cursor, and check Single 'Use' Interactions? in the Hotspot's properties.  If the cursor is set to change when over Hotspots, it should then show the correct cursor.