Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hotspots icons lingering..

edited September 2014 in Technical Q&A
Hey guys,

So I want a hotspot to dissapear after it's used, I've tried object:  make invisible in the action list but that doesn't remove it because I have "display hotspot icon" under settings set to "always" (i think that's what's causing the problem..)

I've tried removing the object from the scene with the object action but instead it sends an error that it's still trying to access that object..

I think always displaying icons works best for mobile... but this has me stumped. thanks!

edit:  also any ideas how I can copy the gamecameras script X-position unlock and code it for X rotation as well?  Seems weird there's Y-rotation but no X rotation unlock.

Comments

• Hotspot isn't a 'visible' object in the same way a sprite or a mesh is.

You have to turn it off in the Interaction which used it if you want it gone upon use.

"Object >Send Message> Turn Off"

That should do it.

For the camera lock: If you are going to edit the original script I'd duplicate it and then monkey around with that copy. I'm guessing there's a reason you can't lock X but if you look in the script and find all the references to where it locks Y rotate I'm pretty sure swapping it for X in the code will achieve your aim.  That script isn't short though so make sure you get ALL the code refs to make it work properly.
  • edited September 2014
    Thanks Xidore, you helped me figure out how to turn off those blasted hotspots!!

Yeah I figure there's a reason why you can't unlock the X-rotation on cameras... I just don't know why, seems pretty vital for good navigation cameras