Forum rules - please read before posting.

System cursor appears along Cutscene cursor in build

AC 1.62.4, Unity 2017.4.1, UFPS 1.7.2: 
I don't recall having this issue in previous builds. When choosing a dedicated Cutscene cursor in AC (a non-animated hourglass in my case), the system cursor appears along with it in cutscenes, and even on loading screens. This is OK if it would only happen in the editor, but it happens in standalone builds.

"Hide system cursor" is checked in AC though.

Comments

• edited April 2018
    The "Hide system cursor" is an Editor-only option, and won't affect builds.

Was this OK in previous AC versions, or previous Unity versions?  Nothing was recently changed regarding the display of cursors.  What platform are you working on / building to?

I shall attempt a recreation, however, the system cursor appearing is a common issue I've found with Unity builds in general.  It's recommended to rely on Hardware cursor rendering if you can, so that the game cursor is the same as the system cursor.
  • edited April 2018
    Thanks.
    I'm building to Windows Standalone. Unity is also Win64 version.

I'm not sure if it happened in previous versions. But now it's conspicuous enough to note.
  • Could you post a shot of your full Settings and Cursor Managers?
  • Thanks.  It may be that this is due to UFPS.  Does it work if you try a non-UFPS scene with a non-UFPS player prefab?
  • For that, I need to recreate my entire scene and ecosystem in a fresh project without UFPS. Maybe later. 
    In the meantime, only Hardware cursor seems to be the reliable fix?
  • For that, I need to recreate my entire scene and ecosystem in a fresh project without UFPS. Maybe later.

Running the 3D Demo game with your Cursor and Settings Managers would be an easy first step.  Place Tin Pot into the scene so that he overrides your own prefab, and disable the OnStart cutscene.  You if you can move in first person up to e.g. the Door and trigger the Interaction with the cursor appearing, we can likely rule out UFPS being the cause.

In the meantime, only Hardware cursor seems to be the reliable fix?

I'd recommend backup the project up first, but yes.
  • I made a build using the 3D demo, but with a dedicated Cutscene cursor. (In a new project, so that the environment is completely UFPS-free.)

And indeed, the system cursor doesn't show during the initial Cutscene.
    But in my AC+UFPS project, the problem persists.

• You will need to contact UFPS support for assistance, in that case.