Forum rules - please read before posting.

Too Many Dialogue Options

A character has about 7 dialogue options. However, the menu only is built to hold around five. So it's hiding them until I get rid of some options. Is there a way to make it display more options? Perhaps on another column if possible? If not, just fitting them all in would be great.

Comments

• You haven't said whether your using AC menus or Unity UI menus.

If you're using Unity UI menus, this is simple. Just edit the conversation UI and add more spaces for options. Be sure to add those spaces to your menu in the menu manager. And now you have more spaces for conversation options.

If you're using AC menus, I don't know. Never used them.
  • I believe its just a modified AC menu. 
  • I assume you've tried simply adding more spaces for options in the menu in the Menu Manager. That's my understanding of AC menus is that everything is done there and AC draws the menu itself.
  • Found the option. Thanks!
  • You can either increase the capacity of the DialogList element, or add "Up/Down" Buttons to allow scrolling through them.

This is done by creating Button elements with a Click type set to Offset Element Slot, and configured to reference the DialogList element.  For more, see the "Button elements" section of the Manual's "Menu elements" chapter.

A similar trick is used to allow scrolling in the default Inventory menu.