Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hardware Cursor and Hotspot Problem

edited April 2018 in Technical Q&A
I attached the test build of the game and these are my settings :

Cursor : Hardware, 128x128, ive set the graphic to sprite and categorize it as cursor.
Hotspot Menu : I added a custom graphic to the hotspot menu and adjust their positions accordingly on the menu editor (hotspot)

Everything looks okay on the game runner / editor but when i publish, the hotspot cursor placement are out of whack and  the cursor dissapear after clicking on something, in my case, hotspots.

Is there something that ive missed? or these are know glitch? it would be awesome if you guys can take a look at the build and check it out.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mk8ijs93tv2xvk4/ANA.zip?dl=0

Many thanks in advance!

Comments

• Please rely on screenshots and gifs to show issues, rather than builds.  If you must, however - I'll need a Mac build.

Showing the issue itself is not enough to diagnose it, however.  Please refer to the forum rules regarding the detail to provide.  What are your AC and Unity version numbers?  Can you provide steps to reproduce?  Let's see screenshots of your Managers and Inspectors.

The Cursor graphic's "Texture type" should be set to "Cursor".  If you switch to the Demo game's Menu / Cursor Managers, does the issue persist?  What if you then make the same changes (i.e. adding a background texture to the Hotspot menu) to the Demo Manager files?
  • edited April 2018
    These are my settings :

Unity : 2017.4.0f1
    AC : 1.62.2

Screenshots : 

My Image Setting

My Cursor Setting

my hotspot setting, but the cursor is not appear in middle like on the basic cursor

When i try running game from unity, at start everything looks like what i really wanted. But when i click hotspot, my cursor is dissapeared

And these are from the Standalone Build, the whole Hotspot that i already set are all out of place, and still the dissapearing cursor problem remains after clicking hotspot.

Hopefully this clear enough...
  • edited April 2018
    Not completely, I'm afraid - I don't see the cursor in this image.  With the white-on-white preview graphic in this image, I'm not sure what the cursor is supposed to look like.  Also, because the screen is cropped, I don't know where the centre in this image should be.

You also mention that it disappears when clicking on a Hotspot, but not any settings related to your Hotspot / Cutscene Cursors - only a portion of the Cursor Manager is shown in your images.

Does the cursor behave better if you switch back to Software rendering?  It may be a platform issue.  Also, are you talking about it disappearing while the game is in a Cutscene (i.e. blocked gameplay due to the Hotspot interaction), or once the gameplay has resumed?

As for the Hotspot menu, it's likely because of the way the AC menu is set up.  You haven't shown the properties of your Menu / Elements within, but this is likely because of the different aspect ratio between your build and your Game window.  I would recommend switching to Unity UI to render your Menu, as this offers much greater flexibility when it comes to scaling, etc.  See the "Unity UI menus" chapter of the Manual for more on how to integrate the AC Menu system with Unity UI.
  • Thank you Chris, I will again look into it and first doing that you're suggesting.

Currently the cursor is missing after i click the hotspot and afterwards, becore clicking on hotspot, everything is fine.