Forum rules - please read before posting.

NavMesh Problem & Animation

edited April 2018 in Technical Q&A
I just try to migrate to 3D mode, how does one exactly create a navmesh? because i made a model, import it in unity, but then cannot be dragged to the mesh slot. and now my character wont walk at all

I need the basic knowledge about the creation of navmesh please. And lastly, how do i set my own turning left/right animation before walking using a mecanim that i have. not legacy.

Comments

• check the manual ;)
  • You need to expand the model asset file in your Project window to expose the "Mesh" object within it - that's what you need to assign.

The "Unity Navigation" pathfinding method is also an option if you prefer to bake your NavMesh within Unity's Navigation tab.

Tutorials on setting up 3D NavMeshes can be found here.

To set up turn left/right animations, you need to define "Turn float" and "Move speed float" parameters in your character's Inspector and Animator Controller.

When using Mecanim, how you make use of them is up to you - but "turn while standing" animations are generally done by transitioning to them when the "Turn speed float" < 0.1 (i.e. close to zero) and "Move speed float" < 0 (for turning left) and > 1 (for turning right).

For a full breakdown of what parameters are available, see the "Character animation (Mecanim)" chapter of the Manual.
  • I do check the manual, but as i am very late involved with AC im trying to ask along as i go, i think i can get and remember faster (im terrible in remembering something complex)

And thank you for the pointer, i will check out the rest on the manual