Forum rules - please read before posting.

Change Game Name

When I created the game, using the new game wizard, I choose a name for the game, however, I'm close to releasing now and I realised that there is another game with the same name and also I want to change the name of the game. Is there any way to do it?

Comments

• The "game name" you enter in the New Game Wizard is largely used to set filenames for e.g. your Manager assets.

The only thing it affects so far as your build goes is the name of save game files, which you can change at any time via the top of the Settings Manager.

The name of your game's build executable is set in your Unity Player settings.
  • So it does not affect me at all if I leave it like this and just change the name. That's good to know. Thank you 
  • I remembered why the name bothered me that much.
    My saves are in Library/Application Support/company_name/game_name. And my problem is both with the company name and the game name. Everything is changed, because I realised there is a game with the same name I wanted.
  • The save filename is determined by the field at the top of the Settings Manager - and can be changed at any time.  The save folder location, however, is set by your Player settings - which is a Unity window available from the Edit menu.
  • Yes I found the save file name, but I didn't know about the folder locations. Thank you very much Chris