Forum rules - please read before posting.

Different "Subtitles" for player speech is possible?

edited September 2014 in Technical Q&A
there is a way to have different Subtitle style for characters when they speak? i mean i need to have different "subtitles background "for different characters. 
I have two characters, and i want a white background when one speech, and a black one, when are the other one to say something...

in the AC inspector i can see the menu SUBTITLES with appear type action set to "when speech plays"....but that means is the same as all characters speech..i miss something?

my english is bad but i hope i make me understandable.

tnx all.

Comments

• You can give your characters each different speech colors in the NPC script, but that only applies to the text color I think. But hopefully that will do.
  • The other thing you can do is Lock/Unlock specific Menus in between each Dialogue: Play speech Action.  You'd have to use separate Menus for each "style" of subtitle.

You could build a parameterised ActionList to combine each Menu: Change state Action into one call, to make things easier.  Create a new ActionList asset and assign one String parameter called "Menu to unlock".  Add as many Menu: Change state Actions as you need to lock all possible Speech menus, then create one more to unlock the parameterised one.  You can then call this asset using the Engine: Run ActionList asset just before you play any speech.