Forum rules - please read before posting.

ios / ipad / Iphone Touch Control a Character

Hi, I´m new toAdventure Creator

I´m developing an (2D) app for ios / Ipad / Iphone -  I would like to move the 2d character with the finger forward, backwards (ie to the left or right) (the character should then change from the idle status to the running status) as well as jump upwards. So practically the arrow control on the keyboard transferred to the finger movement. In addition, when the character comes to a certain point in the game, an action should happen eg. The character meets an object. Then, for example, an info should automatically appear what it is, etc. And last but not least, I want to avoid the character's various objects falling from the sky, when hit, it must start again from the starting point. And the "dodge" etc, again via the finger control on the ipad / iphone . I have Playmaker, Fungus etc but I wanted to try it with AC and wonder if it is possible.any idea / help  to do it with AC?
Thanks Volker

Comments

• Certainly the "dodging" mechanic isn't something AC is geared towards by itself, but the on-screen touch controls should be possible.

Two methods to create an on-screen joystick can be found in this tutorial.  One involves AC by itself, another makes use of the CNControls asset.

To have the player automatically detect Hotspots based on his proximity, rather then hovering over them with the mouse/touch, set your Settings Manager's Hotspot detection method to Player Vicinity, and define a Hotspot Detector for your player.

A tutorial on this process can be found here, and more information can also be found in the "Player-vicinity detection" chapter of the Manual.

Creating a "dodge" feature would first involve creating an on-screen button that runs an ActionList.  That ActionList would likely need to run a custom Action or a PM FSM to handle the actual dodging mechanic, as it would involve both an animation as well as physically moving the player / applying a sideways force.

Also know that your character's motion controller can be completely replaced by a PM-made / custom one by setting your player's Motion control field to Manual, so that only custom scripts can move him.  For more on this topic, see the Manual's "Custom motion controllers" chapter.
  • Hi thanks for the answer - i will try - do you have an idea / template for the custom motion control on an ipad/iphone? & an other question - my 2D character rotates when it moves (left /right etc.) is there a possibilty to let him only face to the camera without rotation? Thanks Volker
  • If you're looking for a custom motion controller, it'll be based on your own requirements - I can't make any recommendations, I'm afraid.

However, you can prevent 2D characters rotating in 3D space by unchecking Turn root object in 3D space? in their Inspector.